Welcome to Coinium.org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Catcoin Forking Issues - Any Insurance Or Reimbursement Provided?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

philmarr

philmarr

Scout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hello, during the last forking issue I lost 1,500 catcoins which is a fairly significant amount of time and also money. Is there any reimbursement or insurance provided for these losses?

Bonesoul

Bonesoul

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 489 posts

Sorry, the pool already lots on it's own. The catcoin had been problematic for a while and it's not the pool's decision to fork-off or our was in our control. So basically, the catcoin was problematic for a while and it was a known issue, so basically you had taken risks to mine catcoin.

horus11

horus11

Grunt

• Members
  • 13 posts

You could have suspended mining, like other pools did.

Bonesoul

Bonesoul

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 489 posts

That what i was looking for but still cat-network had a pool which developers of cat requested me to run the pool. And it's miners responsibility to read the news & announcements.  See the details here about the issues: https://bitcointalk....9694#msg5249694

horus11

horus11

Grunt

• Members
  • 13 posts

http://www.reddit.co...the_checkpoint/

One of the dev's of catcoin said they send you coins so you can give us some of our losses back?

I lost 68 + a lot of other coins who disappeared on me..

More info can be found here: https://bitcointalk....opic=441402.720

Bonesoul

Bonesoul

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 489 posts

They send the pool 500 coins where the pool has already overpaid users 4000 CAT's. So basically it was to compensate pools negative balance. 

horus11

horus11

Grunt

• Members
  • 13 posts

So where is our share? Why do those people get coins back and we not?

We made support tickets, don't see many others..

I guess I missed that option where you could ask for your coins back.. Good that other people didn't miss it.

Bonesoul

Bonesoul

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 489 posts

It was known for catcoin to be problematic for a while and we had news/announcements describing so. Basically mining catcoin was risky enough and we can't pay for block-chain forked found blocks as they're not real. Though when the pool forked of the correct chain, it over-payed some miners and eventually got a minus balance.  So nothing we can do really in our part.

horus11

horus11

Grunt

• Members
  • 13 posts

It was known for catcoin to be problematic for a while and we had news/announcements describing so. Basically mining catcoin was risky enough and we can't pay for block-chain forked found blocks as they're not real. Though when the pool forked of the correct chain, it over-payed some miners and eventually got a minus balance.  So nothing we can do really in our part.

Funny you got a minus balance, me too!

So the dev's send you coins to reimburst us, as you can read in the comments here: http://www.reddit.co...the_checkpoint/

but you don't cover the loses of the users as it was intended but only your own...

Bonesoul

Bonesoul

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 489 posts

the coin's were sent to cover pool's negative balance wallet. 

evilwhynot

evilwhynot

Scout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Love it, lost over 3/4 of my coins! 341~

Bonesoul

Bonesoul

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 489 posts

I'm coding a new validation script that will be processing the pools all previous transactions too see if we have any incorrect ones (during the chain-fork times) and will be fixing them. Will be updating you guys once it's done.

evilwhynot

evilwhynot

Scout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Thank you Bonesoul.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users